Organic Piquillo Peppers
ZONA Organic Roasted Piquillo Peppers are a small tangy pepper, native to the rural village of Lodosa in Navarra. Often referred to as the red gold of Lodosa. Picked whole and fire-roasted, hand-peeled and packed in their own juices. Brought to Spain by Christopher Columbus, once planted in Spain, developed their own characteristics and turned into a native Spanish variety.
- Origin: Autol, Spain
- Pepper Varietal: Chili capsicum annuum
- Flavor profile: intense red color, sweet and tangy, soft to the palate with a smoky after taste
- Recommended use: excellent stuffing pepper for savory meats, fish and cheeses. Also chop or slice for sandwiches and salads, or simply use sliced as a simple tapas with a little salt and pepper pureeing with olive oil and spices for a quick dip or sauce.
- Ingredients: *Products are derived from ecological farming and organic processes
Piquillo Pepper*, water, sea salt, Acidulant: Citric Acid** (**Citric Acid is naturally derived vitamin C from dehydrated citrus fruit)
- Size: 185 gr (6.52 oz) net weight
- A low sodium product at 35 mg per serving.